Leader and Teacher Trainings
Give yourself or someone you love THE GIFT OF LAUGHTER!
This 2-DAY Laughter & Learning Retreat will enhance your life on so many levels. It is open to people of all backgrounds.
Welcoming individuals seeking more personal laughter or others, who wish to integrate these laughter exercise skills into their professional work.
This training also empowers participants to share more laughter with others, causing a ripple effect at home, in the community and beyond.
16 CEU Credits available for PA Social Workers, National Activity Directors and Recreational Therapists
through the following organizations:
- NAAPCC (National Association of Activity Professionals Credentialing Center)
- NCCAP (National Certification Council for Activity Professionals)
- NASW-PA (National Association of Social Workers, Pennsylvania)
- NCTRC – National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification
Alexa is an approved Service/Contractor for Acts Retirement Communities
1) Become more joyful and laugh more each day!
2) You will learn powerful skills on how to laugh more and how to help others become healthier through laughter.
3) Learn how to start up a social laughter club in your community or place of work.
4) Incorporate more laughter into your relationships with family, friends and at work.
5) Learn how to lead professional Laughter Yoga sessions, workshops and presentations
Social workers often deal with stressful situations that can lead to feelings of anxiety, exhaustion and even burn out. They also encounter clients sometimes desperate for emotional relief. Recognizing 24 years ago that laughter really is the “best medicine,” Dr. Madan Kataria, a cardiac physician in India created Laughter Yoga specifically to alleviate such worriments. Today, there are over 16’000 Laughter Yoga Clubs around the world, in more than 100 countries.
This 2-day program teaches participants the science behind laughing for joy and wellness, and trains them to use laughter exercises for themselves, as well as to lead individuals and groups to literally laugh away daily stress and anxiety.
This training is not limited to social workers!
It is available to everyone out there feeling stressed and seeking more laughter in their lives. Take charge of your life. You can make it shine with laughter!
Alexa has trained: social workers, activity directors, recreational therapists, nurses, hospice care givers, doctors, lawyers, therapists, writers, teachers, Yoga professionals, life coaches, reiki masters, wellness coaches, counselors, inspirational speakers, story tellers, clowns, ministers and other individuals who have wanted to lead more joyFUL lives.
Whether you might just be wanting to laugh more, or to start up a community laughter club or integrate it into your work, Laughter Yoga can help you see the world in a different, a more positive light. This 2-Day workshop will brighten your outlook and help you find your a renewed sense of purpose and joie de vivre.
Cost: $360.00/person (includes all materials and lunches/snacks/beverages on both days plus bonus gifts) and a 1-hr, One-on One Follow-up Mentoring Session.
Looking for the 1-DAY Lunch, Learning and Laughter Experience?
Friends & Family Laughter Supporters- Day of Laughter (Sat only) $99.00
CLYLeader Refresher Day $60.00 ( for certified Laughter Yoga Leaders only)
Register ASAP. Space is limited. Deposit due by April 5, 2019.
Please call Alexa or email her at email@example.com for details. 215 478 5669
****** Date of this training may be subject to change due to extreme weather conditions. If workshop is postponed or cancelled, the trainer will issue a full refund.
Registration Paperwork & Details here: CLYL Training April 13 & 14, 2019 Registration, Media, PA
Please fill out pages 2 & 3 and send deposit to Alexa Drubay by 4/5/2019
Contact Alexa prior to sending in your deposit to ensure there is still space available. Registration may close earlier. Space is limited. RSVP ASAP to save your spot.
Unable to make this training? Consider signing up for one of these future trainings.
5-Day Certified Laughter Yoga Teacher Training – Coming Soon
Become a Certified Laughter Yoga Teacher (CLYT)
Fall Training TBA
Requirements: This training is for Certified Laughter Yoga Leaders, who want to develop their knowledge with Laughter Yoga and skills.
It is highly recommended that participants have at least a full year of Laughter Yoga club experience and that they have worked with many different groups in their communities before signing up for this training.
This is your opportunity to:
- deepen your personal laughter practice
- learn many new skills
- explore, play and connect with a great group of laughers for five fun-filled days.
- become a Certified Laughter Yoga Teacher (CLYT), connected to Laughter Yoga International and Dr. Kataria’s School of Laughter Yoga
- have learned the requirements to conduct a 2-DAY Laughter Yoga Leader Certification Training and certify new Laughter Yoga Leaders!
- learn marketing and organizational skills.
- learn organization & marketing skills and advertising tools, leadership & communication skills
- how to start community social Laughter Clubs
- learn the latest scientific research on laughter and Laughter Yoga
- be trained to conduct Laughter Yoga Seminars and Workshops for all types of groups – from children to older adult communities, from corporations to private groups, hospitals, prisons, recovery groups and others.
You will receive:
- a training manual
- Dr. Kataria’s e-book “Laugh For No Reason”
- a resource pack DVD and CD which will contain International news coverage video clips, Laughter Yoga in corporations, Laughter Yoga in schools.
- receive 1 year FREE access to Prozone (www.laughteryoga.org/prozone).
Cost $ 795
Customized sessions for private groups
Laughter Yoga Sessions at Schools
Coping with Childhood Stress
Stress from without and from within. As school age children make the move from home to school, they learn to navigate the stress of coping with new responsibilities, adapting to new environments and schedules, developing new friendships, time management, chores, homework and so much more. To help children feel less overwhelmed and anxious, Laughter Yoga can teach important mechanisms on how to:
- reduce stress and anxiety (before it can lead to depression)
- cope better with challenges
- develop positive social connections
- foster positive thinking
- encourage “out of the box” thinking (seeing the bigger picture)
- nurture the inner child (instead of suppressing it)
- foster teamwork and inclusiveness
- promote positive body image
- foster inner joy and playfulness
- laugh more and take control of the present moment in a positive way
- practice mindfulness
Laughter Yoga offers simple and yet very effective ways to promote health, happiness and peace.
Laughter Yoga Sessions- Middle School through College and at Universities
Alexa has shared Laughter Yoga with students at Middle Schools all the way up to Universities and at Medical Colleges. Students in particular, can benefit from the stress-relieving laughter exercises and will help to energize them before exams. Laughter Yoga stimulates the brain and regular practitioners report that it:
- helps reduce anxiety and relieves tension
- improves social interaction
- boosts creativity and the imagination
- helps with concentration
- improves overall mood
- invigorates and energizes
Laughter Yoga Session/Laughter Burst
4 – Ten-minute Laughter Blasts to keep your audience energized and engaged
Keep up your audience’s interest and energy levels at your next conference by scheduling a series of Laughter Blasts at your next event!
It all begins with an introduction to Laughter Yoga and the benefits to your targeted audience. The following Laughter Blasts will get your guests up on their feet, stretching, laughing and connecting with others around them, leaving them feeling energized, uplifted and ready to listen to your next speaker.
Groups in Recovery – B.SMART
Breathwork. Stress Management, Mindfulness And Resilience Training
A 12-week program for people dealing with emotional pain, suffering, loss and anxiety.
Alexa is not a licensed therapist but she is qualified to lead these B.SMART sessions in collaboration with a mental health care coordinator in charge of specific groups.
Beneficial for inmates and recovery groups, combining elements from
- WRAP (Wellness Recovery Action Plan by Mary Ellen Copeland, PhD)
- POF (Path of Freedom- A Mindfulness-Based Emotional Intelligence Program developed by Kate Crisp and Fleet Maul)
- Laughter Yoga exercises and the 4 Elements of Joy (based on the teachings of Dr. Madan Kataria, Laughter Yoga International)
Previous sessions have taken place at Chester County Prison with Female Inmates.
Session II will take place from March 8-May 24, 2019. Read Alexa’s Blog entry about the most recent program.
Laughter Yoga for Corporate Events
Alexa is ready to customize a special Laughter Yoga session to suit your needs!
Laughter Yoga is ideal for:
- Corporate Wellness Days
- Anti Stress Power Up with Laughter Series
- Lighten & Brighten Up Work Performance Boosters
- Weekly Staff Wellness Laughter, Breath Work and Mindfulness Meditation
- Enliven Conference Atmosphere with some short Laughter Blasts between speakers
Combining Laughter Exercise, Breath work & Mindfulness Meditation
Improves Work Performance, Lowers Sick Leave, Improves Office Moral,
Fosters Team Building, Stimulates Creativity and Energizes!
Book a Resilience and Well-Being Through Laughter Session today!
Heart to Heart- 1-hr Playshop for Couples!
Schedule a session with Alexa today! Organize a minimum of 6 couples and Alexa will bring the session to you! Find out more about all your options.
An excellent opportunity for you to connect with that special person in your life -through more laughter. Let laughter be the tool to rekindle/reawaken/re spark that powerful bond between you.
Is your relationship feeling a bit stale or la-di-da?
Have you been searching for a way to jump-start or re-energize the way you connect with your partner? When is the last time you laughed for more than a few seconds with your mate?
Are you listening to your significant other like you did when you were dating? Are you still as patient as you were when you were courting?
In this fast-paced life, it is sometimes hard to keep up and spend quality time with the person you love the most.
Here is a fun way to re-ignite that spark and also the perfect way to show that person that you are committed them. Step away from the electronics and pull your partner closer through laughter.
Laughter Yoga offers the perfect way to strengthen your feelings of trust, love and compassion. It also allows your to re-discover your playful self and to reconnect with your partner in a way that is more light-hearted and spirited.
This Laughter Yoga Playshop will inspire you to laugh more ever day and Alexa will teach you simple techniques on how to incorporate more joy and laughter into each day.
Never heard of Laughter Yoga? Indian cardiologist, Dr. Madan Kataria created Laughter Yoga 24 years ago, in 1995. It is now being practiced in more thank 100 countries and at over 16000 laughter clubs. Laughter Yoga for Health, Happiness and Peace. Laughter Yoga is non-religious and non-political.
Laughter Yoga combines 3 powerful elements:
1) Laughter exercises (based on everyday situations, not on jokes or comedy). Your teacher will guide you through a series of laughter exercises where you will use your diaphragm for deep belly laughter. This incorporates more oxygen to your body and brain, creating positive endorphins.
Laughter Yoga benefits the body, mind and spirit. Some of the health benefits include the regulation of blood pressure, promoting heart and brain health and boosting the immunities. Laughter brings people together and improves feelings of empathy, compassion, self confidence and communication. People who can laugh together support each other in a more positive way.
This practice also helps to expand the arteries to help regulate blood pressure and to reduce stress (cortisol) levels. We do not perform yoga poses but you will still get a good workout. Laughter Yoga is considered aerobic exercise. We move around the room, sing, dance, laugh and burn lots of calories.
2) Deep yogic breathing (pranayama), the yoga part of Laughter Yoga. No yoga poses.
3) Restorative Mindfulness Meditation ( Yoga Nidra) a great way to finish off the session, leaving participants relaxed yet at the same time, feeling invigorated and joyful.
“The old saying that ‘laughter is the best medicine,’ definitely appears to be true when it comes to protecting your heart,” says Michael Miller, M.D. (http://www.umm.edu/doctors/michael__miller.html), director of the Center for Preventive Cardiology at the University of Maryland Medical Center and a professor of medicine at the University of Maryland School of Medicine.
Heart Health and Laughter: http://umm.edu/news-and-events/news-releases/2009/laughter-is-the-best-medicine-for-your-heart
Ever heard the saying: ” Couples who laugh together, stay together?”
It ‘s true. Laughter strengthens any relationship but it you mindfully practice daily laughter, imagine how much you can improve the quality and depth of your union!
New! One-on-One Consultations for Laughter Yoga Professionals
Are you feeling stuck or in need of inspiration? Let’s discuss! Let me help you get back on track and thrive with your laughter practice.
First 15 minutes are FREE.
Call to schedule a one-hour session. If local, we can meet in person or on skype.